Does it really stunt your growth?
I dont drink the stuff, but have been often asked about coffee, and if it is bad or good for you.
Here is a list of 5 good things and 5 bad things… I have a feeling no matter what I type this is one thing people will have to decided for themselfs.
1. Antioxidants - these have many health benefits and coffee is rich with them.
2. Some research shows that coffee drinking may prevent gallstones, and lower the risk of kidney stones.
3. Caffine. This is why we drink the stuff right???
4. Coffee is cousin to theophlline. Which is a medication that used to be used for asthma. It can open airways and improve asthma.
5. Starbucks makes you look cool… just kidding I couldn’t find a good 5th
1. Blood Vessels - constricts and negatively affects there purpose
2. Cholesterol - lots of consumption can rise this realllly high.
Coffee contains two compounds…Cafestol and Kahweol they basically interefere with a intestinal receptor that regulates your cholesterol. Cafestol is one of the highest cholesterol rising compounds. If you filter your coffee it takes most of it away, but if you have high cholesterol it may be something to avoid.
3. Dehydration.. the caffine increases your time in the bathroom. Water doesnt have time to be absorbed… so make sure you drink extra water.
4. Heart burn
5. Sleep - WHICH IS SOOO IMPORTANT. So dont overload too much on the caffine.
6. Denpendance… ok so this is more then 5. But caffine withdrawal is a real thing, and you can get quite ill from it. So be careful.
DRINK GREEN TEA INSTEAD! Yes it does still have caffine in it, but not a lot of the other compounds that are bad for us.