Because I ate these last week I decided to do a little research.. here is what I found…
Health Benefits of eating artichokes:
- Cardiovascular health - the high quantities of potassium in the vegetable help to maintain normal heart rhythm.Parts of the vegetable help to lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease.
- Immunity - the artichoke is rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants. This helps to boost the body’s immunity against diseases.
- Digestion – the vegetable is rich in dietary fiber which we all know keeps things flowing…
- Blood health - fiber helps to lower blood cholesterol, stabilizes blood sugar levels and lessens the risk of heart disease. High fibre is also great to feel full.
- Bone and muscle health -Jam packed with vitamin C
It is the eaaasssiest to cook… literally. Steam it serve it eat it